1959 250cc Triumph TW2 Tigress Twin

1959 250cc Triumph TW2 Tigress Twin
Manufacturer

Triumph

Year

1959

Engine Size

250cc

About the 1959 250cc Triumph TW2 Tigress Twin

1959 250cc Triumph TW2 Tigress Twin

The first post-war scooter to join the National Motorcycle Museum’s collection is a Triumph Tigress. Along with a BSA B2 Sunbeam counterpart, it was sold with both 175cc two-stroke and 250cc four-stroke power units. This has the latter, a fan-cooled ohv parallel twin engine that is smooth, quiet and capable of taking the machine, which has steel bodywork around a tubular frame, to 70mph in the highest of its four speeds. This model is in Shell Blue, but Mimosa/Ivory and Grey/Ivory were two-tone options. Accessories included a windscreen and electric starting was an optional extra.

Built by BSA from 1959 until 1964, the 250cc scooters were sturdy and economical but didn’t seem to appeal to a young generation seduced by the Latin looks of Lambrettas and Vespas.      

More Motorcycles Manufactured by Triumph

Current
Promotions

Take a closer look at our latest promotional offers & book online. Read More...