Between 2014-2015 statistics show that there has been another increase on motorcyclists being killed. In short, too many motorcyclists are being killed or seriously injured on our roads.
Officers from Central Motorway Police Group will be giving relaxed and informal presentations at local Motorcycle Dealers throughout the region to promote safer riding. The presentations will be focused around attitudes to riding, basic bike maintenance, wearing of appropriate protective clothing and will provide officers to engage with the local motorcycle community.
Officers will also promote “Bikesafe” – a national Police led motorcycle project, run by most forces throughout the UK that aims to reduce the number of motorcycle casualties.
Riding should be fun and by education, improving skills and knowledge and creating effective hazard perception and awareness, then hopefully we can create safer and more enjoyable riding.
- Monday 21st March 10am – 1pm – Streetbike, Halesowen
- Tuesday 22nd March 11am – 1pm – Triumph / Kawasaki, Birmingham
- Wednesday 23rd March 11am – 1pm – Harley Davidson, Wolverhampton
- Thursday 24th March 11am – 1pm – Ducati, Coventry
- Friday 25th March – Easter Friday, Bank Holiday
- Saturday 26th March 10am – 2pm – Streetbike, Halesowen
- Sunday 27th March 10am – 2pm – National Motorcycle Museum, A45 Birmingham
Follow us on twitter @CMPG_FLO